Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Colonial and State Political History of Hertford County, N. C (Classic ...
Benjamin Brodie Winborne
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
The Colonial And State Political History Of Hertford County, N.C.
Benjamin Brodie Winborne
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
appointed army Askew Assembly Baker beautiful became Benj Bertie born brother Brown Capt Carter Chairman Chowan citizen Civil Clerk colonial Congress Constitution Convention Court Cowper Daniel daughter death decade Democrats died District elected father Gates George Governor Hare Harrell held Henry Hertford County Hill honor House James Jesse John Jones Jordan Joseph Judge justices land late later Lawrence Lewis lived Major Maney Maney’s March marriage married Mary Miss Montgomery Moore moved Murfree Murfreesboro Neck North Carolina Northampton Parker party peace Perry political present President record represented returned River Robert Samuel Sarah Senate served Sharp Sheriff sister Smith soldiers sons soon South Southern term Thomas town Union United Vann Vaughan Virginia vote widow wife William Winborne Winton Wynns young
341. oldal - Delaware, December 7, 1787. Pennsylvania, December 12, 1787. New .Jersey, December 18, 1787. Georgia, January 2, 1788. Connecticut, January 9, 1788. Massachusetts, February 6, 1788. Maryland, April 28, 1788. South Carolina, May 23, 1788. New Hampshire, June 21, 1788.
32. oldal - There is so much bad in the best of us, And so much good in the worst of us, That it hardly behooves any of us To talk about the rest of us.
42. oldal - Gentlemen may cry: Peace, peace! — but there is no peace. The war is actually begun ! The next gale that sweeps from the North will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms!
44. oldal - When they pursue, they infallibly overtake: when they are pursued, their escape is certain. They despise danger: they are inured to shipwreck: they are eager to purchase booty with the peril of their lives. Tempests, which to others are so dreadful, to them are subjects of joy. The storm is their protection when...
348. oldal - Five per cent.— Multiply by number of days, and divide by 72. Six per cent. — Multiply by number of days, separate right-hand figure, and divide by 6.
347. oldal - RULE. — Multiply the length (in feet) by the width (in inches) and divide the product by 12 — the result will be the contents in square feet.
348. oldal - RULES. For finding the interest on any principal for any number of days, the answer in each case being in cents: Separate the two right hand figures to express it in dollars and cents.
215. oldal - DEAR EDWARD: I have always been proud of you, and since your connection with the Confederate army, I have been prouder of you than ever before. I would not have you do anything wrong for the world ; but before God, Edward, unless you come home, we must die. Last night I was aroused by little Eddie's crying. I called and said, ' What is the matter, Eddie,' And he said, 'O mamma, I am so hungry.