Psalms and Hymns for Public Worship: Containing All the Psalms and Hymns of Dr. Watts which are Deemed Valuable, Together with a New Version of All the Psalms and Many Original Hymns Besides a Large Collection from Other Writers
Wm. Pierce, 1835 - 690 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abroad ALLEN behold bless blest blood breath bright bring cheerful Christ Church dark death deep delight divine dost doth dread dwell earth eternal ev'ry eyes face faithful fear feet flow foes forever FOURTH give glorious glory God's grace ground hand hast hath head hear heart heav'n heav'nly hill holy hope Hymn Jesus joyful keep King land lift light live Lord majesty mercy mighty mountains ne'er never nigh night o'er peace pow'r praise Prayer Psalms pure raise reigns rejoice rest righteous rise rock saints salvation Savior Second shine sight sing sinners skies songs soul sound speak Spirit spread stand sure sweet Thee thine THIRD Thou thought throne thy name thy word tongue trust truth VERSION.-L. M. voice WATTS wicked wonders wondrous Zion
51. oldal - THE Lord my pasture shall prepare, And feed me with a shepherd's care ; His presence shall my wants supply, And guard me with a watchful eye ; My noon-day walks he shall attend, And all my midnight hours defend.
51. oldal - Though in the paths of death I tread, With gloomy horrors overspread ; My steadfast heart shall fear no ill, For thou, O Lord, art with me still ; Thy friendly crook shall give me aid, And guide me through the dreadful shade Though in a bare and rugged way, Through devious lonely wilds I stray.
31. oldal - This life's a dream, an empty show ; But the bright world to which I go, Hath joys substantial and sincere ; When shall I wake and find me there...
208. oldal - SWEET is the work, my God, my King, To praise Thy name, give thanks and sing: To show Thy love by morning light, And talk of all Thy truth at night.
653. oldal - It Is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord : and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High; To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning: and thy faithfulness every night.
652. oldal - Be ye sure that the Lord he is God : it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
509. oldal - And works his sovereign, will. 3 Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take ; The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head. 4 Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, But trust him for his grace ; Behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face.
653. oldal - O COME, let us sing unto the Lord; * let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
575. oldal - The world can never give The bliss for which we sigh ; 'Tis not the whole of life to live, Nor all of death to die.
208. oldal - David's harp of solemn sound ! 3 My heart shall triumph in my Lord, And bless His works, and bless His word ; Thy works of grace, how bright they shine ! How deep Thy counsels, how divine ! 4 Fools never raise their thoughts so high ; Like brutes they live, like brutes they die; Like grass they flourish till Thy breath Blasts them in everlasting death.