Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid afterwards ancient animal appeared appointed army Austria became body born called Catholic celebrated century character Charles church color command connexion contains court death died distinguished duke edition emperor England English eral established Europe father favor feet France Frederic French German German empire Greek honor inhabitants iron island Italy king kingdom Latin latter lived London lord Lord's supper Louis Louis XIV Louis XVIII magnesia magnet manganese Maria Theresa marriage Masinissa Medici ment miles military mineralogy minister Napoleon nation natural obliged obtained officers Paris peace person poem prince principal produced province published queen received reign returned revolution river Roman Rome royal Russia soon Spain Spanish species square miles tained tion took town treatise troops Tuscany Vienna vols whole
368. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
487. oldal - That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States to call forth such number of the militia of the State, or States, most convenient to the place of danger, or scene of action, as he may judge necessary to repel such invasion, and to issue his orders for that purpose to such officer or officers of the militia as he shall think proper.
240. oldal - States authorizes the supreme court " to issue writs of mandamus, in cases warranted by the principles and usages of law, to any courts appointed, or persons holding office, under the authority of the United States.
309. oldal - States, but shall so far consider himself as counsel for the prisoner, after the said prisoner shall have made his plea, as to object to any leading question to any of the witnesses, or any question to the prisoner, the answer to which might tend to criminate himself...
370. oldal - The change of motion is proportional to the motive force impressed; and is made in the direction of the right line in which that force is impressed.
427. oldal - Since once I sat upon a promontory, And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath, That the rude sea grew civil at her song, And certain stars shot madly from their spheres, To hear the sea-maid's music.
75. oldal - It is near six inches in length from the tip of the bill to the end of the tail, the former being about half an inch, and the latter two inches and a half.
370. oldal - To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.