The Works of the Rev. Daniel Waterland, D.D. Formerly Master of Magdalen College, Cambridge, Canon of Windsor, and Archdeacon of Middlesex;: Now First Collected and Arranged. To which is Prefixed, a Review of the Author's Life and Writings,
Clarendon Press, 1823
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affections afflictions answer appears Baptism believe better blessed body bring called cause Christ Christian Church circumstances clear common concern conduct consider consideration Divine doctrine duty Eucharist evil faith Fathers favour follow give given God's grace greater hand happiness hath head heart heaven Holy human infants infirmity instance Jews John judge judgment justification kind learned less live look Lord manner matter means mentioned mind nature necessary necessity never observe occasion offered once ourselves particular passions Paul peace perhaps persons practice present pride principles proceed proper prove providence reason receive religion repentance respect rest rule Scripture sect sense serve sinners sins sometimes speaking Spirit stand suffer sufficient supposed thing thought tion true truth unto virtue whole wicked wise
277. oldal - As it is written, there is none righteous, no not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
242. oldal - Take that thine is, and go thy way; I will give unto this last even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?' "So the last shall be first, and the first last; for many be called, but few chosen.
272. oldal - And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end ; that ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
99. oldal - Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but except ye repent yc shall all likewise perish.
228. oldal - And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
321. oldal - Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, so are we in this world.
56. oldal - A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
137. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
xxxvii. oldal - So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants : we have done that which was our duty to do.