Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accusative adjectives adverbs annad annar Brandur burtur conj consonant dagin dative eina eingin einki einum eisini eitt English Faroes Faroese language fishing forms Foroyar Foroyum fylgja fyri genitive gjort halda hana hansara hava havi havt heim Hestur hesum hetta hev5i hevdi hevur hovdu hvar hvat hvort hvussu igjognum ikki imper kemur kundi literary madur maer masc mcer millum nakad neuter nogv nouns okkara okkum oman onkur participle past sg place name plur plural preposition pres pron pronounced saer Saksun scer segdi siga siggja Sigmundur sing sjdlvur skuldi spoken language stendur Strendur Streymoy struka suffix article supine taer tann tcer teimum teir teirra Torshavn tveir tygum tykkum undan uppi uttan V. U. Hammershaimb vael vcel vdru verbs veri5 verid vildi voiceless consonant voru vowel words yvir
89. oldal - Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.
115. oldal - ... indifferent subjects. The learned judge having summed up the evidence very minutely, The jury, after a few minutes deliberation, returned a verdict for the defendant. 4. WARWICK. — John Fitter, aged forty-seven, was indicted for the wilful murder of Margaret Webb. The trial of this case occupied the court from 9 o'clock in the morning until 7 o'clock in the evening, and excited intense interest. Twenty-five witnesses were examined; the following is the substance of their testimony : — The...
122. oldal - to be" is attracted into an oblique case when the relative particle is omitted in such sentences as: Tad man vera meg (tann mann), hon rcedist. I suppose it is me (that man) she is afraid of. Var tad hana, Mortan meinti vid ? Was it her Martin meant ? (meina vid + ace.) Tad var honum, hon fylgdist vid. It was him she aceompanied.
35. oldal - In actual speaking, however, the distinction between the nom. and oblique cases is rarely observed, the dialects have generalised either -ir or -ur. A number of feminine nouns end in -i, but most of them have no plural and are therefore indeclinable, eg elli old age, froi gladness, fodi food, reidi anger. cevi "age (of time)
122. oldal - That is the most loathsome animal I have ever seen. Unlike English, Faroese may omit a relative where it would be the subject of its clause: Tu ert kendur vid meginpartin av teimum monnunum, her eru, hugsi eg. You are acquainted with the greater part of the men who are here, I think. Tcer konurnar, heima skuldu vera, eru burturstaddar. The women who should be at home are away. The complement of the verb "to be...
5. oldal - In the meantime, however, his orthography with minor modifications has become the aceepted standard and hence we often find considerable differences between spelling and sound in Faroese to-day. There is as yet no recognised standard pronunciation of Faroese, though that of the Torshavn district is the most significant. Dialect speaking is everywhere the general rule. However, the differences in the pronunciation of the dialects in no way hinder mutual comprehension.
141. oldal - I have heard him say it" literally into Faroese: eg havi hoyrt hann siga tad, but as a rule a newer construction is used and the infinitive is attracted by the preceding supine and becomes a supine itself: eg havi hoyrt hann sagt tad. Similarly : tygum hava havt tid at gera tad you have had time to do it, but more usually: tygum hava havt tid at gjort tad.
10. oldal - ... sand (dat.). When final i may be heard as a very close [e] ; it is in any case a very lightly pronounced ending and the pronunciation [i] given in this book is always aceeptable.
28. oldal - Faroese (masculine, feminine, neuter), two numbers (singular, plural) and four cases (nominative, accusative, dative, genitive). The use of the genitive is, however, rather limited. As a syntactical case it occurs in the spoken language only in a very few nouns, but it is found more widely in certain prepositional phrases (§§ 97, 112). Still most nouns do not exist as independent words in the genitive at all, though the case frequently appears as the first element of a compound (§ 24,3) ; purely...
42. oldal - ... doctor, rithovundur author, authoress. These words are masculine. § 26. The Definite Article. The definite article takes the form of a suffix added to the noun and varies for number, gender and case. 1. Masculine. Singular. Nom. bdturin the boat Plural. Nom. bdtarnir Ace. bdtin Ace. bdtarnar Dat. bdtinum Dat. bdtunum Gen. (bdtsins] Gen. (bdtanna) * popularly pronounced [leara'rinda] (a Dcuii Similarly fundurin the meeting, gen.