Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Practical Works of Richard Baxter: With a Life of the Author and a ...
William Orme,Richard Baxter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
believe better blessed body called cause certainty Christ Christian Church common communion confident covenant danger death desire difference Divine doth doubt duty earth enemies error especially evidence faith false Father fear flesh give glory God's godly grace hast hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope ignorant interest John judge judgment keep kingdom knoweth knowledge known learning light live Lord Luke lust Matt matter means men's mind Ministers nature necessary never notions object parents Pastors peace perfect persons pleasure present pride promise proud prove Psal reason receive religion repentance rest salvation Scripture sense sins soul speak Spirit sure teach teachers tell thee things thou thoughts tion true truth turn understanding unto wisdom wise worldly yourselves
11. oldal - Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
431. oldal - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things, " that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication, from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
495. oldal - I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God's Word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful.
542. oldal - And the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me; And I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
526. oldal - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
509. oldal - Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousand of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
291. oldal - As for man, his days are as grass ; as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone, and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children ; To such as keep His covenant, and to those that remember His commandments to do them.
524. oldal - Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, and hath raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; as he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began...
479. oldal - That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread : And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat : this is my body, which is broken for you : this do in remembrance of me.
505. oldal - Moreover, if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone : if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect lo hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.