Meditations and Contemplations on the Sufferings of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: In which the History of the Passion, as Given by the Four Evangelists, is Connected, Harmonized, and Explained; with Suitable Prayers, and Offices of Devotion, 2. kötet
J. Low, 1811
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according accused answer appears bear Behold blessed Jesus blessed Lord blessed Saviour blood body brought called cause chief Priests Christian circumstances concerning condemned conscience consequently consider consideration cross crucified dead death delivered desire Divine earth enemies eternal evil execution eyes faith Father fear give glory God's grace Grant guilty hand head heart heavenly Hence High holy honour hour human innocence insults Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jewish Jews John judge justice king kingdom laid light likewise living look Lord Jesus Luke malefactors manner means Messiah mind nature never observe occasion offered painful passed person Pilate present probably Psalm punishment release rock Roman sacred sake Secondly sentence shew sinner sins soldiers soul spirit subjects sufferings thee things thou thoughts tion true truth unto voice whole wicked witness
170. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
152. oldal - When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus forth, and sat down in the judgment seat, in a place that is called the Pavement, but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha.
393. oldal - And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
363. oldal - Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
368. oldal - Moses in the cloud and in the sea ; and did all eat the same spiritual meat ; and did all drink the same spiritual drink : for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them : and that Rock was Christ.
389. oldal - Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night, and steal Him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
341. oldal - And again another Scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.
218. oldal - And they came to the place which God had told him of ; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.