Liturgical Services: Liturgies and Occasional Forms of Prayer Set Forth in the Reign of Queen Elizabeth, 30. kötet
The present volume comprises two Litanies, the English Prayer Book of 1559, the Godly Prayers, the Ordinal of 1559, the Latin Prayer Book of 1560, the New Calendar of 1561, and many Occasional Forms of Prayer set forth, chiefly by public authority, in the latter portion of the sixteenth century.--Preface
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ALMIGHTY Amen Answer appointed Assyria beginning behold believe beseech thee Bishop blessed blood body Book called cause Christ our Lord Christum Church Collect comfort commandments common continually death defend deliver Deus Domine Dominum earth enemies Epistle everlasting evil faith Father fear Form give given glory godly Gospel grace gracious Grafton grant hand hath hear hearts heaven heavenly Holy Ghost honour humble Jesum Jesus Christ John king kingdom Lesson live Majesty mighty mind Minister nostrum offences peace persons praise pray prayer present preserve Priest promise Psal Psalm Queen quod Realm receive repentance Saint saith sake Saviour sent shew sinners sins soul Spirit Sunday thanks thine things thou hast thy holy thy mercy true trust truth turn unto thee whole
181. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father ; By whom all things were made : Who for us men, and for our salvation came down from heaven, And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, And was made man...
192. oldal - WE do not presume to come to this thy table, O merciful Lord, trusting in our own righteousness, but in thy manifold and great mercies. We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy table. But thou art the same Lord, whose property is always to have mercy : grant us, therefore, gracious Lord, so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ, and to drink his blood, that our sinful bodies may be made clean by his body, and our souls washed through his most precious blood, and that...
176. oldal - Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
162. oldal - And he, trembling and astonished, said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
173. oldal - But ye shall not be so : but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger ; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth ? is not he that sitteth at meat? But I am among you as he that serveth.
55. oldal - WE praise thee, O God; we acknowledge thee to be the Lord. All the earth doth worship thee, the Father everlasting. To thee, all Angels cry aloud; the Heavens, and all the Powers therein. To thee, Cherubim and Seraphim continually do cry, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Sabaoth; Heaven and earth are full of the Majesty of thy Glory.
135. oldal - But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice : and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him : for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
192. oldal - Jesus Christ's holy institution, in remembrance of his death and passion, may be partakers of his most blessed body and blood : who in the same night that he was betrayed took bread ; and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, Take, eat; this is my body which is given for you : do this in remembrance of me.
174. oldal - And I heard a loud voice, saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ : for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony ; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
172. oldal - And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with : but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give ; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.