Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Adam Angels arms beast behold bliss BOOK bounds bring callid cloud coming created creatures dark death deep delight divine dread dwell Earth equal eternal evil eyes fair faith fall Father fear field fire flowers fruit glory gods grace hand happy hast hate hath head heard heart Heaven heavenly Hell hill hope King leave less light live look lost mankind Mean meet mind morn mortal nature never night once pain Paradise peace perhaps reason receive reign replied rest rise round Satan saying seat seem'd serpent shalt shape side sight sons soon sound spake Spirits stand stood sweet taste thee thence thine things thou thoughts throne till tree virtue voice wide wings wonder
13. oldal - Less than archangel ruined, and the excess Of glory obscured ; as when the sun, new risen, Looks through the horizontal misty air Shorn of his beams, or from behind the moon, In dim eclipse, disastrous twilight sheds On half the nations, and with fear of change Perplexes monarchs.
74. oldal - So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear, Farewell remorse : all good to me is lost ; Evil, be thou my good : by thee at least Divided empire with heaven's King I hold, By thee, and more than half perhaps will reign ; As man ere long and this new world shall know.
2. oldal - Thus Satan talking to his nearest Mate With Head up-lift above the wave, and Eyes That sparkling blaz'd, his other Parts besides Prone on the Flood, extended long and large Lay floating many a rood, in bulk as huge As whom the Fables name of monstrous size, Titanian, or Earth-born, that warr'd on Jove, Briareos or Typhon, whom the Den By ancient Tarsus held, or that Sea-beast Leviathan, which God of all his works Created hugest that swim th...
45. oldal - And feel thy sovran vital lamp; but thou Revisit'st not these eyes, that roll in vain To find thy piercing ray, and find no dawn ; So thick a drop serene hath quenched their orbs, Or dim suffusion veiled.
12. oldal - With lust and violence the house of God? In courts and palaces he also reigns, And in luxurious cities, where the noise Of riot ascends above their loftiest towers, And injury, and outrage: And when night Darkens the streets, then wander forth the sons Of Belial, flown with insolence and wine.
23. oldal - Main reason to persuade immediate war Did not dissuade me most, and seem to cast Ominous conjecture on the whole success,* When he who most excels in fact of arms, In what he counsels and in what excels Mistrustful, grounds his courage on despair And utter dissolution, as the scope Of all his aim, after some dire revenge.
4. oldal - Infernal World ! and thou, profoundest Hell, Receive thy new possessor — one who brings A mind not to be changed by place or time. The mind is its own place, and in itself Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. What matter where, if I be still the same And what I should be, all but less than he Whom thunder hath made greater...
4. oldal - What matter where, if I be still the same, And what I should be ; all but less than he Whom thunder hath made greater?. Here at least We shall be free ; the Almighty hath not built Here for his envy, will not drive us hence : Here we may reign secure, and, in my choice, To reign is worth ambition, though in hell : Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.