The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church: According to the Use of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America: Together with the Psalter, Or Psalms of David
W.P. Young, 1808 - 590 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Almighty Amen behold believe beseech thee bless blood body bring brought called cast cause Church Collect commandments death deliver desire dwell earth enemies everlasting evil eyes face faith fall Father fear foes follow give glad glory God's Gospel grace grant hand hath head hear heard heart heaven holy Holy Ghost hope Israel Jesus Christ John judge judgment keep King kingdom land Lesson light live look Lord mercy mighty mind Minister MORNING mouth Name night peace praise Prayer Psalm receive rejoice righteous saints saith salvation servant sing sins soul speak Spirit stand strength Sunday thanks thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt thy Name tongue trouble trust truth turn ungodly unto thee voice wicked wrath
117. oldal - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love ; and he that dwelleth in love, dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment ; because as he is, so are we in this world.
161. oldal - And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them ; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so : but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger ; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth ? is not he that sitteth at meat ? But I am among you as he that serveth.
98. oldal - And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on Him, saying, If Thou be CHRIST, save Thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear GOD, seeing thou art in the same condemnation ? And we indeed justly ; for we receive the due reward of our deeds : but This Man hath done nothing amiss.
61. oldal - AND when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples, saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them ; and straightway he will send them.
77. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
124. oldal - And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing ; nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
101. oldal - Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate : — " Write not, The King of the Jews ; but that He said, I am King of the Jews.
131. oldal - And this I say, That the covenant that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise ; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.