Security and Constitutional Rights: Hearings Before the Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Eighty-fourth Congress, Second Session, Pursuant to S. Res. 94, a Survey of the Extent to which the Rights Guaranteed by the First Amendment are Being Respected and Enforced in the Various Government Loyalty-security Programs, 10. kötet
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1956
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action activities adopted advocates agency amendment American answer appeal application Army Association Attorney Attorney General's authority believe Board charges citizens CLARK committee Communist Party concerned Congress Constitution course court danger decision denied Department determine discharge discussion effect employees evidence Executive expression fact Federal force freedom further GAMBRELL give given Government hearing HOCKER ideas individual issue Judge legislative letter limited loyalty matter McLEOD means meeting membership ment Michigan never oath opinion organization overthrow passport Pauling person political position present procedure provision question reason received record referred refused regulations respect Secretary Senator HENNINGS similar SMALL speech statement statute subversive subversive organizations talk tion understand United University World York
36. oldal - While that experiment is part of our system I think that we should be eternally vigilant against attempts to check the expression of opinions that we loathe and believe to be fraught with death, unless they so imminently threaten immediate interference with the lawful and pressing purposes of the law that an immediate check is required to save the country.
622. oldal - The head of each department is authorized to prescribe regulations, not inconsistent with law, for the government of his department, the conduct of its officers and clerks, the distribution and performance of its business, and the custody, use. and preservation of the records, papers, and property appertaining to it.
459. oldal - Communist, or subversive, or which has adopted, or shows, a policy of advocating or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny other persons their rights under the Constitution of the United States...
534. oldal - Any criminal, infamous, dishonest, immoral, or notoriously disgraceful conduct, habitual use of intoxicants to excess, drug addiction, or sexual perversion.
506. oldal - ... government in the United States by force or violence; 3. to organize or help to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any government in the United States...
29. oldal - Amendment; it presupposes that right conclusions are more likely to be gathered out of a multitude of tongues, than through any kind of authoritative selection. To many this is, and always will be, folly; but we have staked upon it our all (US v.
23. oldal - Only the emergency that makes it immediately dangerous to leave the correction of evil counsels to time warrants making any exception to the sweeping command, "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech.
654. oldal - Inimical to the interests of the United States, or with any person who advocates the use of force or violence to overthrow the Government of the United States or the alteration of the form of government of the United States by unconstitutional means.
195. oldal - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable seizures and searches, shall not be violated; and no warrant shall issue but on probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons and things to be seized.