Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Free Speaker: A New Collection of Pieces for Declamation, Original as ...
William Bentley Fowle
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
arms beautiful bill blood bring cause Charles child civil comes common Constitution crime dark dead death earth England Extracted eyes face faith fall fathers fear feel fire forever FOWLE freedom give given glory hand head hear heard heart heaven honor hope hour House human hundred King labor land liberty light live look Lord Massachusetts means mind moral nature never night noble o'er once passed peace political poor prayer question rise round schools seemed seen Senate side slave slavery smile soul speak Speech spirit stand tears tell thing thou thought thousand tion true truth turned United voice waves whole wish wrong young
30. oldal - Determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought and sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce.
131. oldal - OF all the rides since the birth of time, Told in story or sung in rhyme, — On Apuleius's Golden Ass, Or one-eyed Calendar's horse of brass, Witch astride of a human back, Islam's prophet on Al-Borak, — The strangest ride that ever was sped Was Ireson's, out from Marblehead ! Old Floyd Ireson, for his hard heart, Tarred and feathered and carried in a cart By the women of Marblehead...
30. oldal - waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating its most sacred rights of life and liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating and carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither.
124. oldal - The holy Elders with the gift of myrrh. But now the whole Round Table is dissolved Which was an image of the mighty world; And I, the last, go forth companionless, And the days darken round me, and the years, Among new men, strange faces, other minds.
41. oldal - Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them Volleyed and thundered ; Stormed at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well ; Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell, Rode the six hundred.
263. oldal - All are scattered now and fled, Some are married, some are dead ; And when I ask, with throbs of pain, "Ah! when shall they all meet again?
104. oldal - Ring out false pride in place and blood, The civic slander and the spite ; Ring in the love of truth and right, Ring in the common love of good. Ring out old shapes of foul disease, Ring out the narrowing lust of gold ; Ring out the thousand wars of old, Ring in the thousand years of peace.
40. oldal - Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die.
223. oldal - To Tubal Cain came many a one, As he wrought by his roaring fire, And each one prayed for a strong steel blade, As the crown of his desire. And he made them weapons sharp and strong, Till they shouted loud for glee, And gave him gifts of pearl and gold, And spoils of the forest free.