Expository Notes, with Practical Observations, on the New Testament ... Wherein the Sacred Text is at Large Recited, the Sense Explained, and the Instructive Example of the Blessed Jesus and His Holy Apostles to Our Imitation Recommended ...
Sorin & Ball, 1844
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptable according affection amongst apostle argument authority bear believers blessed body brethren called cause chapter charity Christian church circumcision comfort command conversion dead death delivered desire divine doctrine doth duty earth eternal evil excellent faith false Father fear flesh fruit Gentiles gifts give given glory God's gospel grace hand happiness hath head heart heaven holy honour hope Jesus Christ Jews judge judgment justified knowledge labour Learn hence light live Lord Lord Jesus manner means mind ministers ministry namely nature ness never Note obedience Observe ourselves Paul peace perfect persons prayer preaching present promise reason received respect reward righteousness saints salvation serve sinners sins soul speak Spirit stand sufferings things thou tion true truth understand unto verse walk weak whole wisdom
155. oldal - For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
17. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
16. oldal - For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law...
355. oldal - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
119. oldal - For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly ; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
350. oldal - When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things...
51. oldal - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held ; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
168. oldal - Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown ; but we an incorruptible.