Observations on the importance in purchases of land and in mercantile adventures of ascertaining the rates or laws of mortality among Europeans by chronic diseases and hot climates, with an appendix
1826 - 80 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Observations on the Importance in Purchases of Land, and in Mercantile ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
accounts AFFECTING Annual appears Assurance attended Auditors become Board of Directors brain called cause certainty Chairman character charged child circumstances claims climate Company consideration considered constituted cure danger death Deed Directors to cause disease duration Edgar engagements England exciting execute Extraordinary Board Extraordinary General Court faculties feelings fixed foreign frequently funds give given Hamlet hands hold husbands immediate increase insanity instance interest John known labour Lear less liable limited lives madness mania means Medical melancholia mental mind months mortality natural notice object observations Ophelia paid particular patient payment period persons possible premium present probable proportion reason receipt received REGULATIONS AFFECTING removal Resident respective says scene Secretary Shareholders shares signed spirit suffering sufficient sums supposed thing thought tion Trustees vote whole
29. oldal - LEAR. Then let them anatomize Regan ; see what breeds about her heart. Is there any cause in nature that makes these hard hearts?
39. oldal - I know my course. The spirit that I have seen May be the devil : and the devil hath power To assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps Out of my weakness and my melancholy, — As he is very potent with such spirits, — Abuses me to damn me: I'll have grounds More relative than this: — the play's the thing Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.
47. oldal - There, on the pendent boughs her coronet weeds Clambering to hang, an envious sliver broke; When down her weedy trophies and herself Fell in the weeping brook.
31. oldal - And, to deal plainly, I fear I am not in my perfect mind. Methinks I should know you and know this man; Yet I am doubtful; for I am mainly ignorant What place this is, and all the skill I have Remembers not these garments; nor I know not Where I did lodge last night. Do not laugh at me; For, as I am a man, I think this lady To be my child Cordelia.
42. oldal - But I am very sorry, good Horatio, That to Laertes I forgot myself; For, by the image of my cause, I see The portraiture of his: I'll court his favours: But, sure, the bravery of his grief did put me Into a towering passion.
37. oldal - O, that this too too solid flesh would melt, Thaw and resolve itself into a dew! Or that the Everlasting had not fixed His canon
30. oldal - Lear. You do me wrong, to take me out o' the grave : — Thou art a soul in bliss ; but I am bound Vpon a wheel of fire, that mine own tears Do scald like molten lead.
47. oldal - ild you! They say the owl was a baker's daughter. Lord! we know what we are, but know not what we may be.