The authenticated report of the discussion ... in ... the Roman Catholic college of Downside ... on the 25th, 26th, and 27th ... Febr., and the 5th, 6th, and 7th ... Mar., 1834. Subjects: 'The rule of faith', and 'The sacrifice of the mass'. Speakers: E. Tottenham [and others].
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according adduced admit ages answer Apostles appears argued argument asserted authority baptism believe Bible blood body bread Brown called chapter Christ Christian Church Church of Rome contained contend Council difficulty discussion divine doctrine Epistle establish Eucharist evidence expression fact Fathers figurative flesh follow friends give given Gospel hand hold Holy inspiration institution interpretation John judgment language literal Lord maintain manner Mass matter meaning meeting mind nature necessary objection observe offered passage person present priest principle proof Protestant prove question quoted reason received referred regard respecting revelation Roman Catholic rule of faith sacrifice Scrip Scripture sense shew side speak Spirit sufficient suppose tell term Testament testimony things tion told Tottenham tradition translation true truth understand unto verse wine write written word
118. oldal - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.
188. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.
209. oldal - This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood; and it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
228. oldal - ... knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
75. oldal - Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
99. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
4. oldal - HOLY Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an Article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
135. oldal - Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead: and inferior to the Father, as touching his Manhood.