Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abaddon, the Spirit of Destruction [Microform]: And Other Poems
Sumner Lincoln Fairfield
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
amid awful bear beauty blest bliss blood bosom breath bright brow charm clouds cold crime crown curse dark darkened dead death deeds deep despair doom dread dreams dust earth evil fair faith fame fate fear feel fell fiend fire flowers foes forms gaze genius gleams gloom glorious glory glow gone green guilt hallowed hate hath heart heaven hills holy hope hour human immortal Italy kings leaves light living lone lost memory midnight mind morn mountain nature never night o'er O’er pale poem poet prayer pride proud pure quick realm rest rose round ruin scorn shadows shrine sighs silence skies smiles solitude soul spirit stars storm sweet tears thee thine thou thoughts throne toil tread triumph truth utter vast vision voice wandered waste wild wind wood youth
148. oldal - Saturn, quiet as a stone, Still as the silence round about his lair; Forest on forest hung about his head Like cloud on cloud. No stir of air was there, Not so much life as on a summer's day Robs not one light seed from the feather'd grass, But where the dead leaf fell, there did it rest.
147. oldal - Thou wast not born for death, immortal Bird! No hungry generations tread thee down; The voice I hear this passing night was heard In ancient days by emperor and clown: Perhaps the self-same song that found a path Through the sad heart of Ruth, when, sick for home She stood in tears amid the alien corn...
120. oldal - Let no man seek Henceforth to be foretold what shall befall Him or his children ; evil he may be sure, Which neither his foreknowing can prevent, And he the future evil shall no less In apprehension than in substance feel Grievous to bear...
148. oldal - And slept there since. Upon the sodden ground His old right hand lay nerveless, listless, dead, Unsceptred; and his realmless eyes were closed; While his bow'd head seem'd list'ning to the Earth, His ancient mother, for some comfort yet.
148. oldal - There was a listening fear in her regard, As if calamity had but begun; As if the vanward clouds of evil days Had spent their malice, and the sullen rear Was with its stored thunder labouring up.
149. oldal - Friends, brothers, and sisters are laid side by side, Yet none have saluted, and none have replied.
149. oldal - The skin which but yesterday fools could adore For the smoothness it held or the tint which it wore.
97. oldal - Of constant infelicity,' cut off From peace like exiles on some barren rock, Their life's appointed prison ; not more free Than...
67. oldal - For them jn vain the face of nature glows, For them in vain the sun in glory burns, The hollow breast consumes in fiery woes, And meets despair and death where'er it turns. Ave Maria ! in the deep pine wood, On the clear stream and o'er the azure sky Bland midnight smiles, and starry solitude Breathes hope in every breeze that wanders by. Ave Maria ! may our last hour come As bright, as pure, as gentle, heaven ! as this ! Let faith attend us smiling to the tomb, And life and death are both the heirs...
106. oldal - I hear the famished brood of prey Flap their lank pennons on the groaning wind ! Away, my soul, away ! I unpartaking of the evil thing, With daily prayer and daily toil Soliciting for food my scanty soil, Have wailed my country with a loud Lament. Now I recentre my immortal mind In the deep Sabbath of meek self-content ; Cleansed from the vaporous passions that bedim God's Image, sister of the Seraphim.