Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accused adopted Anamosa Annual Communication appointed April Blackmar brethren Cedar Rapids Charles Charter surrendered Charter Chartered Lodges Communication was held corner-stone craft Custodian Davenport December Deputy Grand Master Deputy Grand Secretary Died district Dubuque February fraternity Freemasonry Friday George Gran Dieta Grand Charity Fund Grand Jurisdiction Grand Lodge Grand Lodge dues Grand Master's address Grand Officers Grand Secretary Grand Treasurer hall honor hundred Iowa City James January John July June Junior Grand Warden Junior Warden Keokuk Keosauqua Lambert Lodge of Iowa March Marshall Masonry Master Masons membership Moines Monday Muscatine Name of Lodge October Order Ottumwa Panora Past Grand Master petition present printed Proceedings proxy for W. M. recommend record report on correspondence Right Worshipful Sabula Saturday Senior session Sioux Smith Star T. S. Parvin Thomas Thursday tion Trustees Tuesday vouchers Washington Waukon Wednesday William Worshipful Brother Worshipful Grand Lodge Worshipful Master
330. oldal - So live, that when thy summons comes, to join The innumerable caravan, that moves To that mysterious realm, where each shall take His chamber in the silent halls of death, Thou go not, like the quarry slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon; but, sustained and soothed By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
328. oldal - I have asked that dreadful question of the hills That look eternal ; of the flowing streams That lucid flow for ever ; of the stars, Amid whose fields of azure my raised spirit Hath trod in glory : all were dumb ; but now, While I thus gaze upon thy living face, I feel the love that kindles through its beauty, Can never wholly perish ; — we shall meet Again, Clemanthe ! Clem.
ii. oldal - True is it that Death's face seems stern and cold, When he is sent to summon those we love, But all God's angels come to us disguised ; Sorrow and sickness, poverty and death, One after other lift their frowning masks, And we behold the seraph's face beneath, All radiant with the glory and the calm Of having looked upon the front of God.
xxxix. oldal - The crest and crowning of all good, Life's final star, is Brotherhood; For it will bring again to Earth Her long-lost Poesy and Mirth — Will send new light on every face, A kingly power upon the race; And till it comes we men are slaves, And travel downward to the dust of graves.
193. oldal - Oh, East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet, Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat; But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth, When two strong men stand face to face, tho' they come from the ends of the earth!
194. oldal - Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul, As the swift seasons roll ! Leave thy low-vaulted past! Let each new temple, nobler than the last, Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast, Till thou at length art free, Leaving thine outgrown shell by life's unresting sea!
185. oldal - I have nought that is fair?" saith he ; " Have nought but the bearded grain ? Though the breath of these flowers is sweet to me, I will give them all back again.
xxxix. oldal - Come, clear the way, then, clear the way: Blind creeds and kings have had their day. Break the dead branches from the path: Our hope is in the aftermath — Our hope is in heroic men, Star-led to build the world again. To this event the ages ran: Make way for Brotherhood — make way for Man.