Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affection answer asked attention authority Baptism baptized become beginning believe bestowed blessings body bring brought called certainly chil child Christ Christian Church command consider continues contrary desires direct divine duty early endeavour excite exercise Faith Father fear feel follow frequently gift give given God's grace happiness hear heart heaven heavenly History Holy Holy Ghost human idea indulgence infant instruction keep kind kingdom knowledge lead live Lord mankind manner means method mind mother nature necessary never obedience object observe parents perform person practice prayer present principle produce promise proper properly punishment questions reason receive recommend regard religion religious respect revealed Sacrament Scripture shew soon soul speak Spirit surely taken taught teach tell tender ther things tion told truths understand young
30. oldal - And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
75. oldal - ... renounce the devil and all his works, and constantly believe God's holy word, and obediently keep his commandments. I demand therefore, DOST thou, in the name of this child, renounce the devil and all his works, the vain pomp and glory of the world, with all covetous desires of the same, and the carnal desires of the flesh, so that thou wilt not follow nor be led by them ? Answ.
71. oldal - Delightful task! to rear the tender thought, To teach the young idea how to shoot, To pour the fresh instruction o'er the mind, To breathe the' enlivening spirit, and to fix The generous purpose in the glowing breast.
302. oldal - I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting ; in like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety, not with broidered hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array, but (which becometh women professing godliness,) with good works.
152. oldal - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth ; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
21. oldal - WE receive this child into the congregation of Christ's flock, * and do sign him with the sign of the cross, in token that hereafter he shall not be ashamed to confess the faith of Christ crucified, and manfully to fight under his banner, against sin, the world, and the Devil, and to continue Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto his life's end.
273. oldal - And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation ; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you ; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
326. oldal - They did promise and vow three things in my name. First, that I should renounce the devil and all his works, the pomps and vanity of this wicked world, and all the sinful lusts of the flesh.
17. oldal - God's holy will and commandments, and walk in the same all the days of my life.