Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American appears arrived authorities banks become believe building called carried common course door doubt effect England enjoy equal evidence fact feel feet four friends give given Government half hand head hope horses hospitality human hundred idea important increased instruction interest island kind ladies Lake land latter leave length light living look lovely miles mind morning nature nearly negro never object observations obtained party passed person population present produce prove question railway reached reader ready received river road round running scene schools seen Senate side slave soon steamer taken thing thought tion told town traveller turn United vessel whole wish York young
436. oldal - He has constrained our fellow-citizens, taken captive on the high seas, to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.
206. oldal - I enjoin and require that no ecclesiastic, missionary, or minister of any sect whatsoever, shall ever hold or exercise any station or duty whatever in the said College; nor shall any such person ever by admitted for any purpose, or as a visitor, within the premises appropriated to the purposes of the said College.
338. oldal - When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, and said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam. He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
ii. oldal - Gone, gone, — sold and gone, To the rice-swamp dank and lone. There no mother's eye is near them, There no mother's ear can hear them ; Never, when the torturing lash Seams their back with many a gash, Shall a mother's kindness bless them, Or a mother's arms caress them. Gone, gone, &c.
ii. oldal - Whereto thus Adam fatherly displeased. "O execrable son so to aspire Above his brethren, to himself assuming Authority usurped, from God not given; He gave us only over beast, fish, fowl Dominion absolute; that right we hold By his donation; but man over men He made not lord; such title to himself Reserving, human left from human free.
407. oldal - The Executive is compelled to resort to secret and unseen influences, to private interviews, and private arrangements to accomplish its own appropriate purposes, instead of proposing and sustaining its own duties and measures by a bold and manly appeal to the nation in the face of its representatives.
381. oldal - For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ, and no marvel ; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light ; therefore it is no great thing, if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness ; whose end shall be according to their works.