Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Reply to the Letters of the ABBE DuBois, on the State of Christianity in India
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2010
Abbé Dubois acquainted Acts adopted allow already appear asserts attention authority Bible Brahmins British caste Catholics cause character Children Christ Christian Church command conduct considered continue Converts Divine duty East effect employed English established Europeans Faith feelings formed give given Gospel Government Heathen Hindoos Holy human importance improvement India instance instruction interests Jesuits Jesus knowledge labours language late least less Letter Lord manner means measures ment mind Mission Missionary moral Native nature never object observance occasion persons possession possible practice prejudices present Priests principles promote Protestant prove published question reason received reference regard Religion Religious render reply respect Roman-Catholic Sabbath says Schools Scriptures Service shew Society soul speak spirit Station success superstitions Syrian thing tion Translation true Versions whole
18. oldal - But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
213. oldal - See a long race thy spacious courts adorn; See future sons and daughters yet unborn, In crowding ranks, on every side arise Demanding life, impatient for the skies!
161. oldal - Him in whom it lives, showing first the blade, then the ear, and after that the full corn in the ear.
10. oldal - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived : neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you : but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
188. oldal - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
28. oldal - And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shaU rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
213. oldal - See heaven its sparkling portals wide display, And break upon thee in a flood of day!
31. oldal - Troubled on every side, yet not distressed ; perplexed, but not in despair ; persecuted, but not forsaken ; cast down, but not destroyed ; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus.
212. oldal - The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all seeds, but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.