Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
administration adopted affairs annual appointed Area Assembly assisted Austria authority Bill bishops Board Britain British capital cent Chamber Chamber of Deputies Chief citizens civil Colonies Committee common Congress Constitution Convention Council Court Crown customs debt Department Deputies direct districts duties Education effect elected electors Empire established Executive exercise existing expenditure federal five foreign four France French Germany Government Governor grants High House important includes India interest Islands Italy judges judicial Justice King land Legislative Legislative Council less limits Lord majority matters measures meet ment military Ministers native nearly necessary nominated Parliament party passed persons police political popular population present President provinces question receive regard relations representative Republic respect responsible Roman schools Secretary Senate session South square miles territory tion towns treaties United vote
317. oldal - The congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States ; and nothing in this constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state. Section 4. The United States shall guarantee to every state in this Union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion ; and on application of. the legislature, or of the...
315. oldal - United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. ARTICLE III SECTION 1. The judicial power of the United States shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the Supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good...
306. oldal - Trust or Profit under the United States : but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law. SECTION 4. >The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the places of chusing Senators.
305. oldal - No person shall be a senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years and been nine years a citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen. The vice-president of the United States shall be president of the senate, but shall have no vote unless they be equally divided.
306. oldal - The times, places and manner of holding elections for senators and representatives shall be prescribed in each State by the legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time, by law, make or alter such regulations, except as to the places of choosing senators.
304. oldal - When vacancies happen in the representation from any state, the executive authority thereof shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies. The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers ; and shall have the sole power of impeachment. SECTION 3. The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two senators from each state, chosen by the legislature thereof for six years; and each senator shall have one vote.
192. oldal - We hold ourselves bound to the natives of our Indian territories by the same obligations of duty which bind us to all our other subjects ; and those obligations, by the blessing of Almighty God, we shall faithfully and conscientiously fulfil.
192. oldal - No native of the said territories, nor any natural born subject of His Majesty resident therein, shall, by reason only of his religion, place of birth, descent, colour or any of them, be disabled from holding any place or employment under the said Company".
334. oldal - No person who shall receive, accept, or offer to receive, or pay, offer or promise to pay, contribute, offer or promise to contribute to another, to be paid or used, any money or other valuable thing as a compensation or rewyard for the giving or withholding a vote at an...