Journal of Voyages and Travels by the Rev. Daniel Tyerman and George Bennet, Esq: Deputed from the London Missionary Society, to Visit Their Various Stations in the South Sea Islands, China, India, &c. Between the Years 1821 and 1829, 2. kötet
Crocker and Brewster, 1832
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection American appeared arrived boat body brought called canoe captain carried chiefs Christian cloth considerable consisting course death dogs eight Ellis eyes feet fish five former four friends give gospel ground hand head heart held hogs human hundred idols inhabitants islands killed kind king laid land late latter leave length living look manner means miles missionaries morning mountains native nature nearly never night observed occasion persons present principal queen Raiatea reached received remarkable residence respecting rock royal Sandwich Sandwich Islands seemed seen sent ship shore side Society soon South spirit station stones subjects Tahiti taken thing till tion trees turned vessel whole wife woman women worship young
61. oldal - It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other -women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales ; and they believed them not.
184. oldal - They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
184. oldal - WHEN the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us ; whereof we are glad.
195. oldal - An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen : in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
159. oldal - Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the Church which was in Jerusalem, and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch ; who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord...
183. oldal - The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, And every mountain and hill shall be made low: And the crooked shall be made straight, And the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together: For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
154. oldal - And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.
154. oldal - Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.