The Religious Creeds and Statistics of Every Christian Denomination in the United States and British Provinces: With Some Account of the Religious Sentiments of the Jews, American Indians, Deists, Mahometans, &c., Alphabetically Arranged
J. Hayward, 1836 - 156 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Religious Creeds and Statistics of Every Christian Denomination in the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according admitted apostles appear association authority Baptist believe blessed body called cause Christian church command concerning congregation consider consists creed dead death denomination died discipline distinct distinguished divine doctrine earth elders England equal established eternal evil existence faith Father gave give given gospel grace hands happiness heart heaven hold Holy Holy Ghost human Jesus Christ John kind kingdom knowledge living Lord maintain mankind manner means meetings mind ministers moral nature necessary never NOTE observed opinion particular perfect person plates practice preach Presbyterian present principles profession prophets punishment Quaker reason received Reformed regard religion religious repentance respect revelation rule salvation Scriptures sect sentiments sins Society soul Spirit sufferings things tion true truth United universal unto views whole worship York
60. oldal - The offering of Christ once made is that perfect redemption, propitiation, and satisfaction, for all the sins of the whole world, both original and actual ; and there is none other satisfaction for sin, but that alone.
32. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone ; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
98. oldal - And as we have borne the image of the earthly, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
90. oldal - APOSTLES' CREED I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord...
81. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
91. oldal - For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one ; the glory equal, the- majesty coeternal.
58. oldal - The Old Testament is not contrary to the New ; for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to mankind by CHRIST, who is the only mediator between GOD and man, being both GOD and man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign, that the old fathers did look only for transitory promises.
116. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people...
60. oldal - BAPTISM is not only a sign of profession, and mark of difference, whereby Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened ; but it is also a sign of regeneration, or new birth, whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly are grafted into the Church ; the promises of the forgiveness of sin, and of our adoption to be.