Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acts actual answer appears Aristotle become believe belong body called cause character common condition connected considered course desire dialogue direct discover distinct divine doctrine doubt earth effect elements evident evil existence express fact faith feel felt follow give gods Greek ground heart human idea important influence inquiries justice kind king knowledge lead less light living look matter meaning mere merely method mind moral nature never notion object opinion Persian person philosophy physical Plato political position possess possible practical present principle produced qualities question reason reference relation remark respecting result seek seems sense society Socrates Sophist soul speak speculations spirit substance suppose teacher teaching things thought tion true truth understand unity universe virtue whole wisdom wise worship
22. oldal - When he gave to the sea his decree that the waters should not pass his commandment. When he appointed the foundations of the earth., then I was by him, as one brought up with him, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him, rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth, and my delights were with the sons of men.
367. oldal - Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl: Kings of the earth, and all people; princes and all judges of the earth: Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children: Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
656. oldal - Poison hath residence, and med'cine power: For this, being smelt, with that part cheers each part; Being tasted, slays all senses with the heart. Two such opposed foes encamp them still In man as well as herbs, grace, and rude will; And, where the worser is predominant, Full soon the canker death eats up that plant.
360. oldal - Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power...
17. oldal - God, thou that art the God of my health : and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
22. oldal - The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth ; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth : while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
359. oldal - philosophy," with which that book inflamed me. Some there be that seduce through philosophy, under a great, and smooth, and honourable name colouring and disguising their own errors: and almost all who in that and former ages were such, are in that book censured and set forth: there also is made plain that wholesome advice of Thy Spirit, by Thy good and devout servant; Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and...
367. oldal - Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons and all deeps: Fire, and hail; snow, and vapours: stormy wind fulfilling his word: Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars: Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl...
366. oldal - Nor was it above my soul, as oil is above water, nor yet as heaven above earth: but above to my soul, because It made me; and I below It, because I was made by It. He that knows the Truth, knows what that Light is ; and he that knows It, knows eternity.