Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
LibraryThing ReviewFelhasználói ismertető - TadAD - LibraryThing
As the subtitle says, this is a collection of the final words of various Covenanters who were executed in Scotland in the late 17th century. On October 31, 1517, a young Augustinian monk by the name ... Teljes értékelés elolvasása
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according adhere answered arms asked authority bear bless blood Bothwell brought called carried cast cause charge Christian Church Confession Council Covenant cross dear death desire duty Edinburgh enemies engaged eternity faithful Farewell Father fear follow friends give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath head hear heart heaven holy honour interest James Jesus Christ John join judge judgment keep king land leave my testimony lives look Lord Lord's martyrs matters ministers murder never parish peace persecuted persons poor praise pray preach present principles prison question Reformation Scotland Scriptures sentence sins soldiers soul speak spirit stand suffered sweet taken tell things thou thought told true truth turned unto whole witness worthy wrath wrong
322. oldal - If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
362. oldal - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
457. oldal - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
75. oldal - And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. 22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
455. oldal - Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying ; Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
479. oldal - Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Sa-tan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie ; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
456. oldal - And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
456. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law : for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
129. oldal - Then flew one of the seraphim unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
557. oldal - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?