Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aime amant âme amour arms beau beauté belle bonheur bras breast brillant cause cesse change chants charms cher ciel cour desire Dieu donne douce douleur doux enfin eyes fall fate femme find first fleurs fond form give great hand head heart hélas heureux high humains insect j'ai jeune jour kind know l'amour l'homme life loin long lost love madame made main make malheur mère mind monde mort mortel muse nature noble nuit nymph o'er once pain passion peine place plaisir pleurs pride pure qu'un rage raison reason regards reste rien right rose secret sent seul soft sort soul sweet tendre terre their then they think thou thought thro tombe tour traits tremble trouve voit world yeux your
188. oldal - If I am right, Thy grace impart Still in the right to stay: If I am wrong, oh teach my heart To find that better way.
332. oldal - Ah little think the gay licentious proud, Whom pleasure, power, and affluence surround; They, who their thoughtless hours in giddy mirth, And wanton, often cruel, riot waste; Ah little think they, while they dance along, How many feel, this very moment, death And all the sad variety of pain.
80. oldal - At last divine Cecilia came, Inventress of the vocal frame ; The sweet enthusiast from her sacred store Enlarged the former narrow bounds, And added length to solemn sounds, With Nature's mother-wit and arts unknown before. Let old Timotheus yield the prize, Or both divide the crown : He raised a mortal to the skies ; She drew an angel down.
354. oldal - An heir of glory! a frail child of dust! Helpless immortal! insect infinite! A worm ! a god ! I tremble at myself, And in myself am lost ! at home a stranger, Thought wanders up and down, surprised, aghast, And wondering at her own: how reason reels!
374. oldal - Forbade to wade through slaughter to a throne, And shut the gates of mercy on mankind, The struggling pangs of conscious truth to hide, To quench the blushes of ingenuous shame, Or heap the shrine of Luxury and Pride With incense kindled at the Muse's flame.
333. oldal - Ah little think they, while they dance along, How many feel, this very moment, death And all the sad variety of pain. How many sink in the devouring flood, Or more devouring flame. How many bleed, By shameful variance betwixt man and man. How many pine in want, and dungeon glooms ; Shut from the common air, and common use Of their own limbs.
34. oldal - Hail, horrors! hail, Infernal World! and thou, profoundest Hell, Receive thy new possessor— one who brings A mind not to be changed by place or time.
208. oldal - What though no friends in sable weeds appear, Grieve for an hour, perhaps, then mourn a year, And bear about the mockery of woe To midnight dances, and the public show...
368. oldal - The curfew tolls the knell of parting day, The lowing herd winds slowly o'er the lea, The ploughman homeward plods his weary way, And leaves the world to darkness and to me. Now fades the glimmering landscape on the sight, And all the air a solemn stillness holds, Save where the beetle wheels his droning flight, And drowsy tinklings lull the distant folds...