Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts Almighty Apostles authority believe bishops blessed body bring called cause charity Christian church commandment concerning consider contention continue dead death diligently doth earth enemies everlasting evil example faith fall Father fear follow Gentiles give given glory God's God's word godly hands hath hear heard heart heaven holy Holy Ghost Homily honour idolatry idols images Jesus Christ John judgment keep king learned live Lord manner Matt matter means mind nature never offence ourselves Paul persons pray prayer princes promise Prophet punishment reason received religion repentance saints saith Saviour Christ Scriptures shew sins soul speak Spirit suffer sure teach temple thee thereof things thou true truly truth understand unto whereby Wherefore whole whoredom wicked wise worship
688. oldal - Those five commonly called sacraments, that is to say, confirmation, penance, orders, matrimony, and extreme unction, are not to be counted for sacraments of the gospel, being such as have grown, partly of the corrupt following of the apostles, partly are states of life allowed in the Scriptures ; but yet have not like nature of Sacraments with baptism and the Lord's Supper, for that they have not any visible sign or ceremony ordained of God.
683. oldal - Albeit that Good Works, which are the fruits of Faith, and follow after Justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's judgment; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out [necessarily] of a true and lively Faith; insomuch that by them a lively Faith may be as evidently known as a tree discerned by the fruit.
679. oldal - There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions ; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the Maker and Preserver of all things both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead, there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
107. oldal - And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life ; and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son, hath life ; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
679. oldal - THE Son, which is the word of the Father, begotten from everlasting of the Father, the very and eternal God, of one substance with the Father, took man's nature in the womb of the blessed Virgin, of her substance...
686. oldal - General councils may not be gathered together without the commandment and will of princes. And when they be gathered together (forasmuch as they be an assembly of men, whereof all be not governed with the spirit and word of God), they may err, and sometimes have erred, even in things pertaining unto God.
691. oldal - Every particular or national Church hath authority to ordain, change, and abolish, ceremonies or rites of the Church, ordained only by man's authority, so that all things be done to edifying.
688. oldal - ALTHOUGH in the visible Church the evil be ever mingled with the good, and sometimes the evil have chief authority in the ministration of the Word and Sacraments ; yet forasmuch as they do not the same in their own name, but in Christ's, and do minister by his commission and authority, we may use their ministry, both in hearing the Word of God, and in receiving of the Sacraments.
513. oldal - The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
680. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : So that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man that it should be believed as an article of faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.