Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action adopted amendment American appeal application appointed arbitration authority Baltimore Bar Association bill Board Boston called cause Chairman CHARLES Chicago City civil Cleveland Commission committee companies Conference Congress Constitution continued corporations Council COUNTY COUNTY BAR course Court duty EDWARD elected established examination existing fact five GEORGE give given granted HENRY important injunction interest International JAMES Jersey John judge Justice law school lawyer legislation Louis Mass matter meeting Michigan motion Ohio opinion organized parties passed patent person Philadelphia practice present President principles profession protection punishment questions reason received referred regard registration resolution result ROBERT rules Secretary SMITH statute suggestion territory THOMAS tion trade mark tribunal United University Washington WILLIAM York
577. oldal - Yet I doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, And the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.
338. oldal - If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery.
332. oldal - The day that France takes possession of New Orleans, fixes the sentence which is to restrain her forever within her low-water mark. It seals the union of two nations, who, in conjunction, can maintain exclusive possession of the ocean. From that moment, we must marry ourselves to the British fleet and nation.
330. oldal - The Mexicans who, in the territories aforesaid, shall not preserve the character of citizens of the Mexican Republic, conformably with what is stipulated in the preceding article, shall be incorporated into the Union of the United States, and be admitted at the proper time (to be judged of by the Congress of the United States...
338. oldal - I would do it— if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it — and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save this Union, and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.
338. oldal - I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so ; and I have no inclination to do so.
328. oldal - The constitution confers absolutely on the government of the union the powers of making war, and of making treaties ; consequently, that government possesses the power of acquiring territory, either by conquest or by treaty.
339. oldal - This was their majestic interpretation of the economy of the Universe. This was their lofty, and wise, and noble understanding of the justice of the Creator to his creatures. Yes, gentlemen, to all his creatures, to the whole great family of man.
340. oldal - ... whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundations on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
334. oldal - The inhabitants of the ceded territory shall be incorporated in the Union of the United States and admitted as soon as possible according to the principles of the Federal Constitution to the enjoyment of all the rights, advantages and immunities of citizens of the United States...