Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged appeared attended authority baptist chapel baptist church baptized believers Bible blessing brethren brother called cause chapel character Christ christian classes congregation converted course death divine duty England established fact faith father fear feel females five four friends give given gospel hand hear heart held holy hope immersed interesting Jesus John labours land late letter living London Lord March means meeting mind minister Miss missionary month morning nearly never object pastor peace persons prayer preached present profession published received religion religious respecting sabbath Saviour scriptures sent sermon Society soon soul spirit Street teachers things thou tion town tracts truth whole worship young
104. oldal - THIS is the Arsenal. From floor to ceiling, Like a huge organ, rise the burnished arms ; But from their silent pipes no anthem pealing Startles the villages with strange alarms. Ah ! what a sound will rise, how wild and dreary, When the death-angel touches those swift keys ! What loud lament and dismal Miserere Will mingle with their awful symphonies...
334. oldal - ... to suffer the civil magistrate to intrude his powers into the field of opinion and to restrain the profession or propagation of principles, on the supposition of their ill tendency, is a dangerous fallacy, which at once destroys all religious liberty...
233. oldal - Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace and good will to men...
104. oldal - The tumult of each sacked and burning village ; The shout that every prayer for mercy drowns ; The soldiers...
277. oldal - they are made members of Christ, children of God, and inheritors of the Kingdom of Heaven...
169. oldal - Let there be light" 2 Thou, who didst come to bring, On thy redeeming wing, Healing and sight, Health to the sick in mind, Sight to the inly blind, Oh, now to all mankind
232. oldal - And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering to the LORD.
334. oldal - ... truth is great and will prevail if left to herself, that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict, unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate, errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them.
333. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.