Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
animal appear become birds blood body bones called cause centre changes colour common considerable consist contained continued covered direction distance earth effect electrical equal examined experiments extremely fall feet figure fire fish five fixed fluid force former four give glass greater half hand head heat height inches increase iron kind larger least leaves length less light living manner matter means middle miles minutes motion mountain mouth move muscles nature nearly nerves never observed pass piece plant probably produced proportion quantity reason receiver remained roots round seemed seen shells side skin sometimes soon sort space stars stone substance supposed surface tail taken thick thing trees vessels whole wind young
155. oldal - And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed ; to you it shall be for meat.
255. oldal - One particular only (though it may appear trifling) I will relate. Having often forgot which was the cat, and which the dog, he was ashamed to ask ; but catching the cat (which he knew by feeling) he was observed to look at her steadfastly, and then setting her down, said, so puss ! I shall know you another time.
255. oldal - ... he could form no judgment of their shape, or guess what it was in any object that was pleasing to him. He knew not the shape of any thing, nor any one thing from another, however different in shape or magnitude ; but upon being told what things were, whose form he before knew from feeling, he would carefully observe, that he might know them again...
491. oldal - ... its load with a jerk, and quite disengaged it from the nest. It remained in this situation a short time, feeling about with the extremities of its wings, as if to be convinced whether the business was properly executed, and then dropped into the nest again.
33. oldal - Prisme at the window, so that the light might pass through a small hole, made in it for the purpose, and fall on the other board, which I placed at about 12...
555. oldal - By meditating on the results of all these experiments, we are naturally brought to that great question which has so often been the subject of speculation among philosophers, namely, What is heat — is there any such thing as an igneous fluid ? Is there anything that...
491. oldal - It remained in this situation a short time, feeling about with the extremities of its wings, as if to be convinced whether the business was properly executed, and then dropped into the nest again. With these (the extremities of its wings) I have often seen it examine, as it were, an egg and nestling before it began its operations; and the nice sensibility which these parts appeared to possess seemed sufficiently to compensate the want of sight, which as yet it was destitute of. I afterwards put in...
357. oldal - AS frequent mention is made in public papers from Europe of the success of the Philadelphia experiment for drawing the electric fire from clouds by means of pointed rods of iron erected on high buildings...
256. oldal - Epsom Downs, and observing a large prospect, he was exceedingly delighted with it, and called it a new kind of seeing.
555. oldal - It is hardly necessary to add, that anything which any insulated body, or system of bodies, can continue to furnish 'without limitation, cannot possibly be a material substance; and it appears to me to be extremely difficult, if not quite impossible, to form any distinct idea of...