Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according appears appointed arrived baptism baptized become behold believe Bible blessed body Book of Mormon brethren bring brought build called cause character Christ church commanded conference contained course dead doctrine earth elders eyes faith formed four gathering give given gold hands hath head heart holy hundred Jesus Joseph Smith land language learned leave light live Lord manner matter means meeting Nauvoo Nephi never pass person plates preach prepared present presidency priests promised prophet receive record respecting revelations Rigdon saints say unto Scriptures seen servant soon spirit stand stone temple testimony things thou thousand tion told took translated true truth unto whole witnesses write written Zion
50. oldal - Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people unto whom this work shall come, that we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken; and we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for His voice hath declared it unto ns; wherefore...
242. oldal - Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all ? Why are they then baptized for the dead?
50. oldal - WITNESSES Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people unto whom this work shall come, that we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken; and we also know...
51. oldal - Jun., the translator of this work, has shewn unto us the plates of which hath been spoken, which have the appearance of gold ; and as many of the leaves as the said Smith has translated, we did handle with our hands ; and we also saw the engravings thereon, all of which has the appearance of ancient work, and of curious workmanship...
256. oldal - I, NEPHI, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father ; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days — nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days ; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days...
38. oldal - Mormon, and, to my great surprise, I find nearly the same historical matter, names, &c., as they were in my brother's writings. I well remember that he wrote in the old style, and commenced about every sentence with, ' And it came to pass,' or,
284. oldal - And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
291. oldal - And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of these sayings, he touched with his hand the disciples...
24. oldal - ... at their house, without leave or license; and, together with his wife, repaired to the hill which contained the book. He left his wife in the wagon, by the road, and went alone to the hill, a distance of thirty or forty rods from the road ; he said he then took the book out of the ground and hid it in a tree top, and returned home. He then went to the town of Macedon to work. After about ten days...