Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affidavit agreement allowed annuity answer application appointment assets assignment bankrupt bankruptcy bequest bill bond charge child circumstances claim commission consideration construction contract costs Court covenant creditors death debts decree deed defendant devise directed discharged dismissed Distinction effect Election entitled equity evidence examination exception execution executor farther fraud fund give given ground heir held husband infant Injunction intention interest issue joint jurisdiction land lease legacy limited living Lord marriage Master mortgage motion notice objection original Page paid party pass payment performance personal estate petition plaintiff possession Practice principal proved purchase quære real estate received reference refused relief remainder rents residue rule separate settlement share specific Statute subsequent sufficient tail taken tenant term trust twenty-one unless vested VIII void whole wife witness XVII XVIII
687. oldal - ... remainder to the first and other sons of the marriage in tail male; remainder to the first and other...
137. oldal - in trust for such objects of benevolence and liberality as the trustee in his own discretion shall most approve, cannot be * supported as a charitable legacy ; and is therefore a trust [ * 80 ] for the next of kin.
309. oldal - Newdigate, (a) a similar effect was obtained by restraining the defendant from impeding the plaintiff from navigating, using, and enjoying, by continuing to keep the canals, banks, or works out of repair, by diverting the water, or preventing it by the use of locks from remaining in the canals or by continuing the removal of a stop gate.
412. oldal - Bankers upon a deposit of money with them gave notes bearing interest : the partnership was dissolved : one of the partners soon afterwards died ; and his creditors were called by advertisement...
676. oldal - Tarleton for life, with remainder to her first and other sons in tail male, with sundry other remainders to unborn children; and with the ultimate remainder to John Tarleton in fee.
508. oldal - On suspicious circumstances in the answer a general account was decreed against a steward, notwithstanding a receipt in full; which was allowed only as proof of the particular payment, not of a general release or discharge on an account stated ; though under circumstances it might have that effect ; as upon proof, that the principal never would give any vouchers, and an account kept by the steward. Middleditch \. Sharland, Vol.
509. oldal - An agent may undoubtedly, within the scope of his authority, bind his principal, by his agreement ; and in many cases by his acts. What the agent has said may be what constitutes the agreement of the principal: or the representations or statements made may be the foundation of, or the inducement to.
576. oldal - The same doctrine appears to be recognized by Lord Eldon in Maundrell v. Maundrell, 10 Ves. 271, where he says, ''It is clear, with regard to mortgagees and incumbrancers, that if they do not get in the satisfied term in some sense, either taking an assignment, making the trustee a party to the instrument, or taking possession of...
187. oldal - that possession for more than twenty years, under a legal title, shall never be disturbed in equity." The caso of Cook v. Arnham (3 P. Wms. 283), was a bill brought to supply the want of a surrender of copyhold estate to the use of the will; and it was objected, that the application to the court had been unreasonably delayed. The Lord Chancellor said that "the 171*] length of time was not above 'fourteen years, which, as it would not bar an ejectment, so neither could it bar a bill in equity.