Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admirable afterward Amelia Opie Art Journal artists beautiful believe blessing born British Brougham Bulwer called century character church Cork death died doubt Dublin duty early Edgeworthstown editor eloquence England English evil Exhibition faith fame father gave genius gentleman give grace grave guineas hand happy heard heart honor House House of Commons House of Peers hundred Ireland Irish John knew labor lady Lady Blessington Lady Morgan land letter lived London Lord LORD LYTTON loved Maria Edgeworth memory mind nature never obtained once Parliament passage passed person picture poet present priest Protestant published received remember Robert Robert Chambers Roman Catholic S. C. Hall seemed Sir Robert Peel sixty years ago society soul Street sure Theodore Hook thought tion told wife William woman women words write wrote young
571. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning; Grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast, the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
578. oldal - O EVERLASTING GOD, who hast ordained and constituted the services of Angels and men in a wonderful order: mercifully grant, that as thy holy Angels always do thee service in heaven ; so by thy appointment they may succour and defend us on earth,, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
612. oldal - PROCESSES, AND COLLATERAL INFORMATION IN THE ARTS, MANUFACTURES, PROFESSIONS, AND TRADES, INCLUDING MEDICINE, PHARMACY, AND DOMESTIC ECONOMY ; designed as a General Book of Reference for the Manufacturer, Tradesman, Amateur, and Heads of Families.
557. oldal - As unto the bow the cord is, So unto the man is woman, Though she bends him she obeys him, Though she draws him, yet she follows, Useless each without the other...
415. oldal - There is no death ! What seems so is transition : This life of mortal breath Is but a suburb of the life elysian, Whose portal we call Death.
109. oldal - Romanus sum,' so also a British subject, in whatever land he may be, shall feel confident that the watchful eye and the strong arm of England will protect him against injustice and wrong.
303. oldal - A noticeable Man with large grey eyes, And a pale face that seemed undoubtedly As if a blooming face it ought to be; Heavy his low-hung lip did oft appear, Deprest by weight of musing Phantasy; Profound his forehead was, though not severe; Yet some did think that he had little business here: Sweet heaven forefend!
100. oldal - God, to whom all hearts are open, all desires, known, and from whom no secrets are hid...
319. oldal - Shall Southey feed upon your precious lore, To works that ne'er shall forfeit their renown, Adding immortal labours of his own — Whether he traced historic truth, with zeal For the State's guidance, or the Church's weal, Or Fancy, disciplined by studious art...