Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Parochial Sermons, on Subjects Engaging the Attention of the Day
Samuel Best (Hon )
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Abraham acceptable according actions advance advantages apostle attain attention believe blessed boast brethren charity Christ Christian Church consider corruption devotion difference difficulties direct distinguished doctrine duty effect endeavour enjoy enjoyment equally established evident examine faith father feelings flesh fruits Gentile gift give given Gospel grace hand happiness heart heaven heavenly holy hope ignorance importance improvement influence Jesus justified knowledge liberty lives look Lord means ment mere mind nature neglect never offered opinions ourselves passage Paul perfect perhaps persons poor practice pray prayer preparation principle privileges profession promises prove question raised reap reason received religion render rich righteousness salvation saved Saviour says Scrip Scriptures SERMON soul sowing speak spirit sufficient taught things thou thoughts tion trial truth understanding unto views virtue whole wisdom worldly
20. oldal - Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal ? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege ? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God ? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
33. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly ; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh : but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly ; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter ; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
18. oldal - Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest. For wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
137. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : So that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man that it should be believed as an article of faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
141. oldal - Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; every man's work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
58. oldal - Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
157. oldal - And we beseech thee give us that due sense of all thy mercies that our hearts may be unfeignedly thankful and that we may show forth thy praise not only with our lips but in our lives; by giving up ourselves to thy service, and by walking before thee in holiness and righteousness all our days...
25. oldal - So he is not a Christian which is one outwardly, neither is that baptism which is outward in the flesh ; but he is a Christian who is one inwardly, and baptism is that of the heart, in the spirit, not in the letter, whose praise is not that of men, but of God.
49. oldal - Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law, ROMANS 4 1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?