Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid action alſo animal appeared applied attended better blood body called caſes cauſe child circumſtances cold communicated conſequence conſiderable conſidered contains continued courſe cure Digitalis directed diſeaſe effects equally eruptions experience extremely fact FALLOPIUS fever firſt former four frequently GENTLEMEN give given hand head human immediately important increaſed inflammation inoculated inſtances laſt lately leſs manner matter means Medical Medical and Phyſical medicine months morning moſt muſt nature nerve never night obſerved occaſion occurred operation opinion origin ounces pain particularly patient perhaps period perſons Phyſical Journal placenta practice preſent probably produced prove pulſe quantity received remain remarks remedies removed reſpect ſame ſays ſeems ſeveral ſhall ſhe ſhould ſmall ſome ſtate ſtill ſubject ſubſtance ſuch ſymptoms taken theſe thoſe tion uſe uſual whole wound
490. oldal - The disease commenced with a violent ague, accompanied with some pain in the upper and fore part of the throat, a sense of stricture in the same part, a cough, and a difficult rather than a painful deglutition, which were soon succeeded by fever, and a quick and laborious respiration.
491. oldal - He was fully impressed at the beginning of his complaint, as well as through every succeeding stage of it, that its conclusion would be mortal ; submitting to the several exertions made for his recovery, rather as a duty than from any expectation of their efficacy.
213. oldal - I do not think they are so full or plump as those of most other men. He has, however, by his own declaration, carried a load of three hundred weight of flour in France...
210. oldal - Since he came to this prison, he has eat one dead cat and about twenty rats. But what he delights most in, is raw meat, beef or mutton, of which though plentifully supplied by eating the rations of ten men daily,* he complains he has not the same quantity, nor indulged in eating so much as he used to do, when in France. He often devours a bullock's liver, raw, three pounds of candles and a...
211. oldal - ... ten o'clock. At one o'clock there was again put before him, five pounds of beef, and one pound of candles, with three bottles of porter, at which time he was locked up in the room, and sentries placed at the windows to prevent his throwing away any of his provisions.
490. oldal - Washington was attacked with an inflammatory affection of the upper part of the windpipe, called in technical language cynanche trachealis. The disease commenced with a violent ague, accompanied with some .pain in the upper and fore part of the throat, a sense of stricture in the same part, a cough, and a difficult rather than a painful deglutition, which...
210. oldal - He is one of nine brothers, who, with their father, have been remarkable for the voraciousness of their appetites. They were all placed early in the army; and the peculiar craving for food with this young man began at thirteen years of age. He was allowed two rations in the army, and by his earnings, or the indulgence of his comrades, procured an additional supply.
382. oldal - Upwards of six thousand persons have now been inoculated with the virus of cow-pox, and the far greater part of them have since been inoculated with that of smallpox, and exposed to its infection in every rational way that could be devised, without effect.
212. oldal - ... with great heat. This quits him on getting up ; and when he has laid in a fresh cargo of raw meat (to use his own expression), he feels his body in a good state.