The Christian Student: Designed to Assist Christians in General in Acquiring Religious Knowledge. With Lists of Books, Adapted to the Various Classes of Society
R.B. Seeley & W. Burnside, 1829 - 635 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Christian Student: Designed To Assist Christians In General In Acquiring ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2008
Christian Student: Designed to Assist Christians in General in Acquiring ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Antinomianism Apostle Archbishop Arminian Arminius Athanasian Creed attained Augustine Author Baxter Bede Bible Bishop blessed Calvin Calvinistic character Christian Christian student Church of Christ Church of England Commentary communion controversy Defence devotional Discourses Dissenters divine grace divine truth doctrine duty Ecclesiastical edifying eminent error evangelical evil excellent Exposition faith Fathers folio give glory God's gospel grace heart heavenly Hebrew History Holy Scriptures Holy Spirit human important infidelity instruction Jesus Christ John judgment justification knowledge learning light Lord Luther Melancthon Milner mind ministers Missionary nature observes Opera Owen Pelagian piety pious Popery practical prayer preach principles Psalm published Reformers religion religious remarks righteousness sacred salvation Saviour says Scott scrip sentiments Sermons Socinian soul speak Testament thee Theodoret Theology things Thirty-Nine Articles thou tion Tracts translated Treatises true unto valuable Various editions views Waterland wisdom wise word writers
600. oldal - The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his Anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
5. oldal - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
33. oldal - For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God.
49. oldal - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
4. oldal - The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart : the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
2. oldal - And further, by these, my son, be admonished : of making many books there is no end ; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
40. oldal - And there shall be no more curse : but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him. And they shall see his face ; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
15. oldal - To conclude therefore, let no man, upon a weak conceit of sobriety or an ill-applied moderation, think or maintain that a man can search too far or be too well studied in the book of God's word or in the book of God's works ; divinity or philosophy ; but rather let men endeavour an endless progress or proficience in both...
38. oldal - And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 'and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 'and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. • For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.