Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiral appointed artist became Bishop C. H. SPURGEON called Cardinal cause Chapel Charles James Napier Charles Napier Charles Waterton Charles Wentworth Dilke Christ Christian Church command Crown death Dilke drink drunken duty early earnest England English evil father feel Garrison H. M. Stanley Hall happy heart Herkomer hero honour intemperance interest John Bright Johnson labours League letter Lincoln living Livingstone Locke Locke's London Lord Makololo meeting ment never occasion officers Oxford Pensford perance preacher preaching Preludes on Current present President principles remarkable reply Rochdale sermon Sir Charles Sir Wilfrid Lawson slave slavery Society soldiers speech spirit Spurgeon Stambourne teetotal teetotaler Temperance movement temptation testimony thou thought thousand tion took total abstinence visited Waterton Wesley William Lloyd Garrison wine words writes young
15. oldal - The angel of death has been abroad throughout the land ; you may almost hear the beating of his wings.
31. oldal - Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue : whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises : that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
38. oldal - I'll praise my Maker while I've breath, And when my voice is lost in death, Praise shall employ my nobler powers: My days of praise shall ne'er be past, While life, and thought, and being last, Or immortality endures.
227. oldal - The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.
38. oldal - Happy the man whose hopes rely On Israel's God : he made the sky, And earth and seas, with all their train : His truth for ever stands secure ; He saves th' oppressed, he feeds the poor, And none shall find his promise vain.
57. oldal - Washington. Unless the great God who assisted him shall be with and aid me, I must fail ; but if the same omniscient mind and almighty arm that directed and protected him shall guide and support me I shall not fail — I shall succeed. Let us all pray that the God of our fathers may not forsake us now. To him I commend you all. Permit me to ask that with equal sincerity and faith you will invoke his wisdom and guidance for me. With these words I must leave you, for how long I know not. Friends, one...
158. oldal - Some time afterward, it was reported to me by the city officers that they had ferreted out the paper and its editor ; that his office was an obscure hole, his only visible auxiliary a negro boy, and his supporters a few very insignificant persons of all colors.
60. oldal - Portsmouth and which excepted parts are for the present left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued and by virtue of the power and for the purpose aforesaid i do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated states and parts of states are and henceforward shall be free and that the executive government of the united states including the military and naval authorities thereof will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons...