Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
50 cents admirable adventures American appeared artistic beautiful binding Boston bound boys Broadway called Century character CHARLES SCRIBNER'S SONS charming City cloth collection color complete contains copies cover critical Crown 8vo delightful designs edition England English Essays famous French George gilt top girl give half hand Harpers Henry humor illustrations important interest introduction issued Italy John land Letters Library literary literature living London magazine maps Miss nature notes novel original play poems popular portrait present printed Professor published readers Robert selected sent sketches social story Street style tell things Thomas thought tion Translated vols volume write written York young
210. oldal - That young lady had a talent for describing the involvements, and feelings, and characters of ordinary life, which is to me the most wonderful I ever met with. The Big Bow-wow strain I can do myself like any now going; but the exquisite touch, which renders ordinary commonplace things and characters interesting, from the truth of the description and the sentiment, is denied to me.
575. oldal - We may live without poetry, music, and art; We may live without conscience, and live without heart; We may live without friends; we may live without books; But civilized man cannot live without cooks.
341. oldal - To live content with small means — to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion — to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich— to...
7. oldal - Could you believe me without? I had no portrait, now, but am small, like the wren; and my hair is bold, like the chestnut burr; and my eyes, like the sherry in the glass, that the guest leaves.
284. oldal - I have used it in my own case when suffering from nervous exhaustion, with gratifying results. I have prescribed it for many of the various forms of nervous debility, and it has never failed to do good.
244. oldal - Overworked men and women, the nervous, weak and debilitated, will find in the Acid Phosphate a most agreeable, grateful and harmless stimulant, giving renewed strength and vigor to the entire system. Dr. EDWIN F.
72. oldal - Poet, novelist, essayist, dramatist, shall be ranked honourable in my Republic. I am neither, but a man of law, a student of the sciences, a politician, on the road to government and statecraft: and yet I say I have learnt as much from light literature as from heavy — as much, that is, from the pictures of our human blood in motion as from the clever assortment of our forefatherly heaps of bones. Shun those who cry out against fiction and have no taste for elegant writing. For to have no sympathy...
123. oldal - ... lighted by tongues of flickering flame which issued from the cracks in the surrounding slopes. At intervals of about half an hour the volcano regularly blew off steam. It rose in jets with great violence from the bottom of the crater, and boiled over the lip, continually enveloping us. The noise on these occasions resembled that which we hear when a large ocean steamer is blowing off steam.