Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
apostles appear beautiful believe Bishop blessed body called cause character Christ Christian Church clergy consider continued course death Dissenters divine doctrine doubt duty earth effect England established eternal existence eyes fact faith Father feel give given glory hands head heart heaven Henry holy hope human important interesting Italy Jesus king knowledge land learning less letter light living London look Lord manner matter means mind minister nature never object observe once opinion original pass passage persons poor possession prayer present principles Protestant prove question reason received regard religion religious remarks rendered respect Scripture Society soul speak spirit things thou thought translation true truth unto whole written
9. oldal - ... the Creed, the Lord's Prayer, and the Ten Commandments, and all other things which a Christian ought to know and believe to his soul's health...
50. oldal - Those five commonly called Sacraments, that is to say, Confirmation, Penance, Orders, Matrimony, and extreme Unction, are not to be counted for Sacraments of the Gospel, being such as have grown partly of the corrupt following of the Apostles, partly are states of life allowed in the Scriptures; but yet have not like nature of Sacraments with Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, for that they have not any visible sign or ceremony ordained of God.
151. oldal - There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions ; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the Maker and Preserver of all things both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead, there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
323. oldal - One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.
172. oldal - Then they tha't gladly received his word were baptized : and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
49. oldal - Voluntary works besides, over and above, God's commandments, which they call Works of Supererogation, cannot be taught without arrogancy and impiety : for by them men do declare, that they do not only render unto God as much as they are bound to do, but that they do more for his sake, than of bounden duty is required : whereas Christ saith plainly, When ye have done all that are commanded to you, say, We are unprofitable servants.
110. oldal - Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
323. oldal - The Lord is my light and my salvation ; whom shall I fear ? the Lord is the strength of my life ; of whom shall I be afraid ? 2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.