Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appeared attend believe Bible Society blessing brethren brother called cause character Christ Christian church Committee conduct consider considerable continued conversation death desire divine doctrine duty effect evidence expressed faith father feel formed friends give given gospel grace hand hear heard heart holy hope important institution instruction interest Jesus knowledge known labours language late letter light living Lord manner means meeting ment mind ministers Mission Missionary nature never object observed persons possess prayer preach present promises readers reason received religion religious remarks respect rest Sabbath salvation Scrip Scriptures sent soon soul speak spirit sufferings Testament things thou thought tion true truth whole wish worship young
211. oldal - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary ; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
252. oldal - But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, my lord delayeth his coming ; and shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken ; the lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, and shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
417. oldal - Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
426. oldal - And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
348. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, From doing thy pleasure on my holy day ; And call the sabbath a delight, The holy of the Lord, honourable; And shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, Nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
293. oldal - For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh : how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God...
53. oldal - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. 4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
421. oldal - And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.