The Old Testament: Arranged in Historical & Chronological Order, (on the Basis of Lightfoot's Chronicle)...
C. and J. Rivington, 1826
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Aaron Abimelech Abraham according altar Amorites Balaam beast begat behold blessed blood bread brethren bring brother brought burnt offering Canaan cattle children of Israel congregation covenant daughter David Deut DEUTERONOMY earth Egypt Egyptians ephod Esau eyes families firstborn flesh GENESIS hearken heart heave offering heaven holy hundred inheritance Isaac Israelites Jacob Jordan Joseph Joshua Judah king Laban land of Egypt Levites LORD hath LORD said unto LORD spake unto LORD thy meat offering Moab Moses Noah pass Pharaoh Philistines pray thee priest Psalm sacrifice Samuel Saul say unto seven shalt thou Shechem shekels shew shittim wood smote sons soul spake unto Moses tabernacle tenth deals thereof thine hand thing thou hast thou shalt thy servants took tribe tribe of Manasseh unclean unto the children unto the LORD unto thee Wherefore wife wilderness xxxiii
179. oldal - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is His name?
88. oldal - Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen ; for we be brethren. Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me : if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right ; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
1. oldal - And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
744. oldal - And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock, and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him, but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
26. oldal - Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
614. oldal - According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee. 9 Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.
94. oldal - That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
301. oldal - And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness : 22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited : and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.
199. oldal - For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord...
9. oldal - And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.