Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham Tucker actions adultery amongst appear authority cafes Casuistry cause CHAP charity Christian civil concerning conduct consist constitution contract contrivance covenant-breakers crime depends distinction doubt duty effect engagement expectation expence fame fense fornication fortune give guilt habits hath human happiness hypochondria imperfect injury instances instincts intention justice kind labour Law of Honour liberty mankind marriage means ment mind mischief mise misery moral motive natural justice Natural rights nature necessary neral ness never oath object obligation observed occasions pain parents particular consequence parties passion perjury person pleasure polygamy possession pounds principle produce promise punish pursuit question racter reader reason religion riety Roman law rule scripture servant shew sion species suppose tain testator ther thing thou thought tical tion truth ture unlawful unto usury virtue whilst wife wild Ame WILLIAM PALEY woman
267. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him ; if he thirst, give him drink : for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
203. oldal - And the oath of allegiance, as administered for upwards of six hundred years, contained a promise " to be true and faithful to the king and his heirs, and truth and faith to bear of life and limb and terrene honour, and not to know or hear of any ill or damage intended him, without defending him therefrom.
112. oldal - Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.
194. oldal - Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths : but I say unto you, Swear not at all : neither by heaven ; for it is God's throne : nor by the earth ; for it is his footstool...
257. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them ; Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled, notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body ; what doth it profit ? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
268. oldal - And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
323. oldal - I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2. For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
269. oldal - But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or. a drunkard, or an extortioner ; with such an one no not to eat.
249. oldal - Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and laid them down at the apostles...
255. oldal - TAKE heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them; otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.