An Authentic Report of the Testimony in a Cause at Issue in the Court of Chancery of the State of New Jersey, Between Thomas L. Shotwell, Complainant, and Joseph Hendrickson and Stacy Decow, Defendants: Taken Pursuant to the Rules of the Court, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according adjournment agreed alluded answer appeared application appointed attended believe body Burlington called cause charge Chesterfield circumstances clerk committee concern conclusion consideration considered continued copy counsel course directed discipline doctrines elders Elias Hicks established evidence examination Exhibit expressed extracts further give given Green street heard held hold individuals instance John Comly Joseph kind knowledge manner mean Meeting for Sufferings mentioned mind ministers minute Monthly Meeting morning never object occasion Orthodox party perhaps persons Philadelphia Preparative Meeting present proceedings produced proposed Quarter Quarterly Meeting question received recollect records refer regard relation religious remember representatives request respect Samuel sense sentiments separation sitting Society of Friends speak spoken suppose taken testimony thing Thomas thought tion took understand understood usual views witness Yearly Meeting
444. oldal - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
441. oldal - But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
415. oldal - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms concerning me.
413. oldal - For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them ; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son ; that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.
419. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
401. oldal - God, by whom all things were made, and without whom was not any thing made that was made.
419. oldal - For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
414. oldal - It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, That thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
440. oldal - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.