Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
asked Author believe better brother brought Carrie CHAPTER child Christian church close cloth comfort Deacon dear dollars duty Edition Edward entered expected eyes face father fear feel felt followed gave girl give half hand hear heart Henry hope hour hundred Illustrations interest keep kind knew ladies leave light live look Mary matter mean meeting mind minister minister's Miss months mother nature never night offered once parish parsonage passed pastor poor prayer preach present ready reason received replied Salem seemed sermon side sister smile Society soon soul spirit step talk tears tell things thought told took trouble turn Vernon week wife wish write young
144. oldal - Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. oldal - The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia. Written by Sir PHILIP SIDNEY. Edited, with Notes, by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
118. oldal - If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
162. oldal - At his own wonders, wondering for his bread. *Tis pleasant through the loop-holes of retreat To peep at such a world ; to see the stir Of the great Babel and not feel the crowd ; To hear the roar she sends through all her gates At a safe distance, where the dying sound Falls a soft murmur on the uninjured ear.
7. oldal - Publishers' Circular (The), and General Record of British and Foreign Literature ; giving a transcript of the title-page of every work published in Great Britain, and every work of interest published abroad, with lists of all the publishing houses. Published regularly on the ist and isth of every Month, and forwarded post free to all parts of the world on payment of 8s.
7. oldal - Containing as many as 74,000 references, under subjects, so as to ensure immediate reference to the books on the subject required, each giving title, price, publisher, and date. Two valuable Appendices are also given — A, containing...
94. oldal - My father, my father, the chariots of Israel and the horsemen thereof!
202. oldal - If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men's cottages princes' palaces. It is a good divine that follows his own instructions: I can easier teach twenty what were good to be done, than be one of the twenty to follow mine own teaching.