Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection appears attended become believe called cause century chapel character Christ Christian Church close College congregation course death desire divine doctrine duty England evidence expression fact faith Father feel friends give given hand heart honour hope human hymns important interest Italy Jesus John kind language late learned less letter living Lord means meeting mind minister moral nature never object once opinion original passed persons position practical prayer preached present principles question reason received reference regard religion religious remains remarkable respect scripture seems sense sermon shew society speak spirit success things thought tion true truth Unitarian universal whole worship writing
103. oldal - ... upon such evidence of criminality as, according to the laws of the place where the fugitive or person so charged shall be found, would justify his apprehension and commitment for trial, if the crime or offence had there been committed...
463. oldal - But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
597. oldal - Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
180. oldal - They sin who tell us Love can die, With life all other passions fly, All others are but vanity. In Heaven Ambition cannot dwell, Nor Avarice in the vaults of Hell ; Earthly these passions of the Earth, They perish where they have their birth ; But Love is indestructible. Its holy flame for ever burneth, From Heaven it came, to Heaven returneth...
23. oldal - And now, Lord, behold their threatenings, and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, by stretching forth thine hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
517. oldal - The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
24. oldal - Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty ; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name ? for thou only art holy : for the nations shall come and worship before thee ; for thy judgments are made manifest.
18. oldal - The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me : I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD , O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
515. oldal - COMFORT ye, comfort ye ^- // my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, That her warfare is accomplished; that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.
581. oldal - Provided, notwithstanding, the several towns, parishes, precincts, and other bodies politic or religious societies, shall at all times have the exclusive right of electing their public teachers, and of contracting with them for their support and maintenance.