Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer appear arms become believe blessed Book brethren called cause Christ Christian Church cloth coming Covenant Covenanters death divine duty Edinburgh Edition engaged England entered fact faith father Fcap fear followed friends gilt edges give hands head heard heart High History holy hope Illustrated immediately James Jenny Jesus John King Labours land late lettered live London look Lord meet mind ministers Missionary Morton never night once Origin party passed Peden persecution Post 8vo pray prayer preach present prisoners prophet PUBLISHED ready religion rising Robert Scenes Scotland Scripture Second sergeant sewed side SNOW Society soldiers soon spirit suffering taken things Third thought Thousand throughout true truth turn views voice volume whole Willie wish young
153. oldal - So live, that when thy summons comes to join The innumerable caravan, that moves To that mysterious realm, where each shall take His chamber in the silent halls of death, Thou go not, like the quarry slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave, Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
29. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
169. oldal - Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime, And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time; Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main, A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again. Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate; Still achieving, still pursuing, Learn to labour and to wait.
327. oldal - Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men ; that I might leave my people, and go from them ! for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.
62. oldal - And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king.
28. oldal - Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years, I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
377. oldal - The animals, as once in Eden, lived In peace. The wolf dwelt with the lamb, the bear And leopard with the ox. With looks of love. The tiger and the scaly crocodile Together met, at Gambia's palmy wave. Perched on the eagle's wing, the bird of song, Singing, arose, and visited the sun ; And with the falcon sat the gentle lark.
148. oldal - Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another : and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.