Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adopted American amount Arithmetic attendance Board of Education California called cause cents certificates Charts College Common School complete contains copy County Superintendent course Department diplomas district dollars Drawing duty election English examination exercises fact five four Fund furnish geography give given Government grade Grammar History hundred illustrated important Institute interest JOHN journal language lessons letters living manner Maps means meeting mind Miss months Natural Normal School object organ Pacific persons practical present Primary Principal printed Public Instruction Public Schools published pupils questions readers received Sacramento San Francisco Series Superintendent of Public teachers teaching term thousand tion town Trustees United volume whole writing York
249. oldal - ... free government, and to train them up to a true comprehension of the rights, duties and dignity of American citizenship.
254. oldal - Each committee shall meet at such times and places as may be designated by the chairman or vice-chairman.
266. oldal - No School Trustee or member of any Board of Education shall be directly or indirectly interested in any contract made by the Board of which he is a member; and any contract made in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
278. oldal - So I never quite despair, Nor let hope or courage fail ; And some day, when skies are fair, Up the bay my ships will sail.
247. oldal - Any teacher who shall end any school term before the close of the school year shall make a report to the county superintendent immediately after the close of such term; and any teacher who may be teaching any school at the end of the school year shall, in his or her annual report, include...
182. oldal - Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct ; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing.
181. oldal - Education, to accomplish the ends of good government, should be universally diffused. Open the doors of the schoolhouse to all the children of the land.
71. oldal - BKNF.FACTORS, or an account of the founders and benefactors of educational and scientific institutions. 30. SELF-EDUCATION ; or hints for self-formation, with examples of the pursuit of knowledge under difficulties. 31. HOME EDUCATION; with illustrations drawn from the Family Training of different countries. 32. EDUCATIONAL NOMENCLATURE AND INDEX ; or an explanation of words and terms used in describing the systems and institutions of education in different countries, with reference to the books...
278. oldal - Rise and fall, rise and fall I have waited on the piers, Gazing for them down the bay, Days and nights, for many years, Till I turned heart-sick away. But the pilots, when they land, Stop and take me by the hand, Saying, "You will live to see Your proud vessels come from sea, One and all, one and all.