Moderation in Fashion: Or, an Answer to a Treatise, Written by Mr. Francis Tallents, Entituled, A Short History of Schism, &c. ... By S. G. a Presbyter of the Church of England
W. B., 1705 - 238 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Adultery againſt allow Anſwer Apoſtles appear Argument Authority becauſe become believe better Biſhops Body bring buſineſs caſe Cauſe certainly Charity Chriſt Chriſtian Church Communion concerning Conformity Conſcience conſidered continued Cyprian damn'd dangerous deſign Diſſenters doth doubt faith fame Fathers firſt follow fome give given Government greater guilty Hand hath himſelf hope join judge known leaſt leave leſs live look matter means Member ment mind moſt Murther muſt Name Nature never Notion Occaſional Opinion Order particular Party Paul Perſons pleaſed Power Practice preſent pretended prove purpoſe Queſtion Reaſon Religion Rome Rule ſaid ſame ſay Schiſm Schiſmaticks Scripture ſee ſeems ſelf ſet ſhall ſhould Sins ſome ſpeak ſtand ſtill ſuch taken tells themſelves ther theſe thing thoſe thought true Truth unleſs uſe whole World Worſhip Writings
85. oldal - For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles : but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
214. oldal - The floods have lifted up, O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves.  The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.
48. oldal - Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.
85. oldal - But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter, before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
48. oldal - I fpeak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as founding brafs, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and underftand all myfteries, and all 'knowledge ; and though I have all faith, fo that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
209. oldal - For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you ; and I partly believe it.
33. oldal - Chriftians before his converfion, becaufe " he verily thought within himfelf that he ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jefus of Nazareth.
81. oldal - For as many as are of the Works of the Law, are under the Curfe : For it is written, Curfed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the Book of the Law to do them.