The Confession of Faith: The Larger and Shorter Catechisms, with the Scripture-proofs at Large, Together with the Sum of Saving Knowledge, (contained in the Holy Scriptures, and Held Forth in the Said Confession and Catechisms,) and Practical Use Thereof : Covenants, National and Solemn League; Acknowledgement of Sins, and Engagement to Duties, Directories for Public and Family Worship; Form of Church Government, &c., of Publick Authority in the Church of Scotland; with Acts of Assembly and Parliament, Relative To, and Approbative Of, the Same
D. Hunter Blair and M.S. Tyndall Bruce, 1845 - 370 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able according Acts Assembly behold believe blessed blood body bread brethren bring called cause church commandment covenant curse dead death doctrine doth duty earth eternal evil eyes faith Father fear flesh gave gift give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy Holy Ghost honour Israel Jesus Christ John judge judgment justified keep king kingdom knowledge known land live Lord Lord Jesus Lord's minister nature obedience offered ourselves peace perfect person pray prayer promise prophets Psal received righteousness saith salvation saved scriptures sent servant serve sins soul speak Spirit thee thereof thine things thou hast thou shalt true truth turn unto viii walk Wherefore wherein worship wrath written
214. oldal - And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power : in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
42. oldal - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the Just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit...
211. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
169. oldal - Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
350. oldal - For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God ; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
109. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
221. oldal - Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
42. oldal - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil ; for God was with him.