Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adapted allowed America appearance assumes attain beautiful become beds branches Britain causes cedar century chestnut close cloth colour common considered covered cultivated deep Demy 8vo DRAWING early Edition effect England evergreen favourable feet feet high foliage foot forest forty four frost fruit George Cruikshank green ground grow grown growth half handsome hardy height HISTORY Illustrations inches introduced Italy JOHN kinds land larch Large crown 8vo leaves light mountains mounted native natural nursery lines ornamental osiers perhaps pine placed plantations plants Poplar Post produced propagated remarkable removed require rich roots Royal sand Scotch season Second seeds shade shelter shillings shoots side situations soil SOUTH species spreading spring spruce stand strong summer surface timber transplanted tree trunk usually valuable varieties various vols willow winter wood young
12. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
21. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
5. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
132. oldal - Ave, Maria ; blessed be the hour, The time, the clime, the spot, where I so oft Have felt that moment in its fullest power Sink o'er the earth so beautiful and soft, While swung the deep bell in the distant tower, Or the faint dying day-hymn stole aloft, And not a breath crept through the rosy air, And yet, the forest leaves seemed stirred with prayer.
25. oldal - THE WHITE ROSE. CERISE. A Tale of the Last Century. BROOKES OF BRIDLEMERE. "BONES AND I;" or, The Skeleton at Home. "M., OR N." Similia Similibus Curantur. CONTRABAND; OR, A LOSING HAZARD. MARKET HARBOROUGH ; or, How Mr. Sawyer went to the Shires. SARCHEDON : A LEGEND OF THE GREAT QUEEN. SONGS AND VERSES. SATANELLA: A STORY OF PUNCHESTOWN.
15. oldal - THE EPOCHS OF PAINTING. A Biographical and Critical Essay on Painting and Painters of all Times and many Places.
6. oldal - The Life and Times of Prince Charles Stuart, Count of Albany, commonly called the Young Pretender. From the State Papers and other Sources. New and Cheaper Edition, with a Portrait, crown 8vo, cloth extra, 7s.
22. oldal - Messrs. CHAPMAN & HALL trust that by this Edition they will be enabled to place the works of the most popular British Author of the present day in the hands of all English readers.